TWO KINDS OF COURSES
Honours students take two kinds of courses; courses on their own faculty and interdepartmental courses. In total you will obtain 30 credits, of which usually 18 by taking interdepartmental courses and 12 by taking faculty courses.
- Faculty courses: Most faculty courses are open only to students of their own faculty. Registration for these courses is done through your faculty.
- Interdepartmental courses: Courses in which two or more faculties work together and which are open for all students of the Honours Programme. Registration for these courses is done throught the central VU Honours Programme
TRY OUT CLASS
Before the start of each semester a Try Out Class is organized. At this event lecturers will give a short presentation about their course. Due to the Covid pandemic the Try Out Class for all 1st semester interdepartmental VU, UvA and AUC Honours courses will be online on 31 May 2021. The information will be published here on 31 May 2021. LINK TO THE CANVAS SITE
COURSE REGISTRATION for interdepartmental courses of VU, UvA and AUC first semester 2021 - 2022
- On the registration form, you can select your first, second, third and fourth course of your choice. We will try to place you in one of the courses of your choice, but we cannot guarantee this. If all courses of your choice are full, you will be placed on a waiting list.
- Placement will be at random and NOT first come first serve.
- You can take a maximum of 12 credits of interdepartmental courses per semester. Since places are limited, we will not be able to honour all requests for placement in two courses.
- In case you want to opt for an AUC course, you have to choose it as your first or second choice.
- To participate in an AUC course there will be a selection based on the bachelor courses you completed. You will have to upload a grade/course list from VU-net and a short motivation statement.
- Please note that most AUC courses take place during the day
REGISTRATION FOR FACULTY COURSES
Application for faculty courses takes place by sending an email, either to your Faculty Honours Coordinator or to one of the lecturers of the course.
FGB, SBE and Faculty of Law students can register for the faculty courses through VU-net.